You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is December 23th, 2019.
Today on the Show:
Year In Review
Sharpologist Gift Giving Guide 2019
What’s On your WishList?
Year In Review
- Predictions for 2019 Did they come true?
- Burma Shave
- Stuff to look for in 2019
- Burma Shave Contest
- Shave Kit for Kids
- Big Shave S’West
- Are Prices Dropping for Collectables?
- March 4th
- Strike Gold Presidential Shave Sets
- Presidential Shave Sets
- Made In USA Products
- March 18th
- Raw Shaving Closing
- Razor Emoji
- Into to Janus Razors
- April 3rd
- When is Your Collection Complete
- Finishing Stones
- Week with a Weber
- May 6th
- Janus Razor Kickstarter
- Shaving Shop Soap Base
- May 20th
- Welcome to the World
- New DE Razor from Colonial
- New Razor from Paradigm Javelin
- June 3rd
- Impulse Buying
- Week with VDH
- Hand Tied Knots
- June 24th
- Interview with Barrister and Mann
- Asylum Darwin is disco
- July 9th
- Week with Gamechange
- Carbon Shaving Company
- INterview with Oleo Soapworks
- July 22nd
- New Releases from Razorrock/Rex/Barrister and Mann
- Are wet Shaving Collectables Going Down in Value
- August 5th
- Week with AOS products
- Interview with Eleven Shaving
- August 19th
- Interview with Janus Razors
- September 15th
- The Return of Tradere
- Pre-Shave PAA Cube
- Barbasol Celebrating 100 years Tribute Announcing the Fall Seasonal Special
- September 30th
- Fall Seasonal Special
- October 14th
- Let’s Talk Pumpkin!
- What’s On your WishList?
- October 28th
- New Double Edge Razor from Gillette!
- What does Gillette’s New Razor Mean for Wet Shaving!
- Stainless Steel Are they All the Same with Razors?
- November 25th
- Gillette Heritage Razor Review
- New Razor Rex/Razor Emporium Pre-Order
- Black Friday Tips
- December 9th
- Incredible deals From Black Friday!
- Mantic 59 Interview With Matt From Razor Emporium
- Sharpologist Gift Giving Guide 2019
Previous Years Year in Review Episodes:
Final Thoughts for the Decade 2010-2019
Wow! It’s been a great year and very eventful decade for wet shaving! As the majority of our listeners began wet shaving this decade, it’s amazing to see how we’ve come!
To remember in this decade:
First new American made razor: Weber 2012
First CNC Machined Razor Tradere
First USA Adjustable Razor: REX Ambassador
First TTO Adjustable razor since Gillette: Rockwell
New Toggle Razor: Janus
Adjustable Loft Shave Brush:ShaveMac
At the beginning of this decade there were:
- Less than 10 artisans, now there are over 100.
- Less than 5 major online retailers, now there are 15
- Only 2 major forums, now there are 7
- No new Gillette DE razors for the USA market
- There are over 10 custom straight razor makers
- No Wet Shaving Podcasts (there have been 5 at one point)
- There were less than 5 custom brush makers now there are over 20
- There were less than 15 Youtubers (Now there are too many to count)
Make 2020-2029 count!
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Subscribe to my You Tube Chanel for videos regarding some interesting wet shaving content.
Are you interested in sponsoring an episode? Contact Me!!!
If you’re a vendor and would like to be featured on the show please contact me!!
Next Show: 1/5/20