Back in 2021 I wrote a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush review. Recently a representative from Bitvae saw the article and asked if I would like to try their Bitvae C2 Oral Irrigator (AKA “water flosser” or “water pick”) as well. I decided to give it a try.
- An oral irrigator, also known as a water flosser or water pick, works by delivering a stream of water (or sometimes a mouthwash solution) to remove plaque, trapped food particles, and bacteria from between teeth and along the gumline.
- Traditional brushing and flossing may not effectively remove plaque and food particles from hard-to-reach areas. An oral irrigator provides a more thorough and effective cleaning.
- The Bitvae C2 Oral Irrigator is a cordless water dental flosser with three adjustable water pressure levels and six replaceable nozzles for mouth cleaning.
- It offers a large capacity water reservoir, offering full mouth cleaning without frequent refilling.
- Its extended battery life of up to 40 days and compact size make it convenient for travel or small bathrooms.
Here’s a general breakdown of how an oral irrigator works:
- A user fills the water tank of the oral irrigator with lukewarm water or a recommended mouthwash solution.
- The user selects a desired pressure setting, usually adjustable, to control the force of the water stream.
- The user aims the water stream just off the gumline (toward the teeth–not into the gumline), starting from one side of the mouth and moving to the other. This is usually done over a sink to catch and drain water from the irrigator (and your mouth!).
- The pulsating action of the water stream dislodges plaque and debris through its pressure and the hydraulic kinetic energy created, effectively cleaning between the teeth and under the gumline.
Some oral irrigators have specialized tips, such as orthodontic tips or periodontal tips, that can be used for specific dental conditions or areas that require extra attention.
My Bitvae C2 Oral Irrigator Review
[Note: Amazon links are affiliate. A Bitvae C2 was provided to me without cost but the opinions expressed here are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by Bitvae.]
My wife has used a regular corded water flosser for years but I never got into the habit: I tried it a few times but the cords, (open) water tank, weird controls, and loud noise, it wasn’t worth the effort for me.
So I approached using the Bitvae C2 with some pessimism.
The unit was easy enough to put together and the instructions were clear enough for me to understand the process. I filled the water tank, popped on one of the standard nozzles, stood over the sink with the nozzle tip in my mouth, and turned it on.
The first thing I noticed was how much quieter the C2 was compared to my wife’s corded water flosser. Yes, there was some noise but it was much more muted than what I expected.
The three pressure settings were fewer than my wife’s corded unit (which had five) but I didn’t think that was a problem. I tried all three pressure settings and settled on the “Normal” (70-90 PSI) setting to be the most comfortable and effective for me.
Some previous research told me that I might have to refill the water reservoir to do my whole mouth but I found I only needed a single tank at the “Normal” setting as long as I didn’t have to linger too long going around my teeth.
A Visit To My Dentist
By coincidence I had a dentist appointment for a cleaning a few days after I got the Bitvae C2 so I took the unit with me for their assessment and comment.
Both my hygienist and my dentist were pretty impressed with the performance of the C2 when they tested it. They suggested that, for my personal circumstances, I should not use the highest-pressure “Potent” setting but rather start out at the lowest (“Soft”) setting and after a couple weeks of using it move to the “Normal” setting (more on this in the Features section below).
They were also both very clear that I should be sure to position the nozzle output perpendicular to my teeth and not toward the gumline.
My dentist also pointed out that oral irrigators work well but regular flossing (and of course brushing) was still a good idea, too. He suggested regular flossing after meals and using an oral flosser before bedtime.
I’ve been using the Bitvae C2 oral irrigator at night for a couple weeks now and the battery charge is still going strong. Most of the time I use a single tank of water but I do occasionally find I need to refill the tank if I’m having to take more time than usual.
Key Features Of The Bitvae C2 Oral Irrigator
The Bitvae C2 Oral Irrigator offers a range of impressive specs and features. Here are some key highlights:
Large, Easy-To-Clean Wide Mouth Reservoir
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator features a large capacity water reservoir. With its 300ml tank, it provides enough water for a full mouth clean. This reduces the need for frequent refilling or pouring out the remaining water during use, saving time and providing convenience.
With the detachable wide mouth water tank users can completely clean the water tank, which may not be possible with traditional water flosser picks that have a small mouth water tank. This design ensures that you can maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the oral irrigator.
Pressure Settings And Intensity Options
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator offers users the flexibility to customize their flossing experience with its pressure settings and intensity options. With three pressure settings (“Soft” at 50-70 PSI, “Normal” at 70-90 PSI, and “Potent” at 90-120 PSI), users can adjust the water flow to their comfort level and oral needs.
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator comes with 6 replaceable nozzles, including a tongue scraper nozzle, providing users with the flexibility to tailor their oral cleaning routine to their specific needs.
The nozzles rotate 360°, which enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the flossing process. The rotating motion allows for thorough cleaning and coverage of all areas in the mouth, including those hard-to-reach places. This ensures that all plaque and food particles are effectively removed, promoting better oral hygiene.
Waterproof And Portable Design
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator features a waterproof and portable design, making it convenient for both home use and travel. Its waterproof construction allows for use in the shower, adding to its versatility. The compact size of the device further enhances its portability, ensuring it can easily fit into your travel bag or small bathroom space.
Advanced Battery Life
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator stands out with its advanced battery life, offering up to 40 days of usage in the lowest pressure mode. This is significantly longer than similar water flosser picks that can only last up to 10 days. With this extended battery life, users can conveniently use the oral irrigator at home or on the go without constantly needing to recharge it. The cordless design adds to its portability, making it a reliable choice for maintaining oral hygiene even while traveling.
Universal USB Cable
One of the standout features of the Bitvae Oral Irrigator is its universal USB cable. This allows for convenient and flexible charging options, as it can be easily plugged into any USB port, whether it’s on your computer, power bank, or wall adapter (the irrigator side of the cable is USB Type C). This eliminates the need for specific charging cables or adapters, making it a hassle-free solution for recharging the device. Additionally, the universal USB cable ensures that you can charge the oral irrigator wherever you go, making it perfect for travel or on-the-go use.
Comfortable Grip And Easy Handling
The Bitvae Oral Irrigator offers a comfortable grip and easy handling, making it a user-friendly oral hygiene tool. The ergonomic design ensures that users can hold and maneuver the device with ease, allowing for a comfortable and effective cleaning experience. The compact size of the irrigator also adds to its convenience, making it portable and suitable for travel. With its comfortable grip and easy handling, the Bitvae Oral Irrigator offers a hassle-free solution for maintaining dental hygiene.
With these impressive specifications and features, the Bitvae Oral Irrigator provides a comprehensive and effective solution for maintaining optimal oral hygiene.
Customers have praised the Bitvae Oral Irrigator for its impressive cleaning performance and ease of use. On Amazon it has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars with an 82% positive sentiment from almost 6500 ratings.
Some customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the Bitvae Oral Irrigator, raising concerns about its reliability and effectiveness. There have been reports of issues with the water pressure settings, with some customers finding them to be less powerful than expected.
A few users have experienced problems with the battery life, stating that it does not last as long as advertised. Leakage and maintenance issues have also been reported.
Additionally, there are concerns about portability, as some users find it less convenient for travel compared to other models on the market.
Positive Feedback And Testimonials
But most customers have been giving the Bitvae Oral Irrigator high ratings and positive testimonials. They appreciate the ease of use and convenience provided by its compact size, making it perfect for travel or small bathrooms. The unit’s long battery life and convenient charging option ensure uninterrupted use, while its noiseless operation allows for discreet cleaning.
Users also praise the water flosser’s 360° rotating nozzles that provide comprehensive mouth cleaning in a short time.
Benefits Of Using An Oral Irrigator
An oral irrigator like the Bitvae Oral Irrigator offers several benefits for maintaining oral hygiene:
- Efficient Plaque Removal: Oral irrigators use a pulsating stream of water to dislodge plaque and bacteria from the teeth and gums, reaching areas that regular brushing and flossing may miss.
- Gum Health Improvement: The gentle massaging action of the water stream stimulates the gums, improving blood circulation and promoting gum health.
- Reduced Risk of Gum Disease: By effectively removing plaque and bacteria, oral irrigators can help prevent gum disease, reducing the risk of conditions like gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Fresher Breath: The thorough cleaning action of an oral irrigator can remove food particles and debris that contribute to bad breath, leaving your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
- Accessibility and Convenience: Oral irrigators are easy to use and can be used at home or on the go with cordless and portable options like the Bitvae Oral Irrigator.
How To Use An Oral Irrigator
When using a water flosser, it is important to follow some guidelines to ensure effective and safe usage:
- Start with the right pressure: Most water flossers have adjustable pressure settings, so start with the lowest pressure and gradually increase if needed. High pressure can cause discomfort or injury to the gums.
- Position the tip correctly: Hold the tip of the water flosser at a 90-degree angle to your teeth. This allows the water to reach under the gumline (via hydraulic action) and between the teeth, removing plaque and debris effectively.
- Move methodically: Start at the back of your mouth and work your way to the front. Move the water flosser along the teeth, pausing briefly between each tooth. Be thorough and cover all areas of your mouth.
- Take your time: This ensures thorough cleaning and helps prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
- Use warm water: Tepid or warm water can help improve comfort during use. However, be cautious with hot water, as it can cause burns.
- Clean the water flosser regularly: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance. This helps prevent the buildup of bacteria and ensures the longevity of your device.
Remember to consult with your dentist about the use of a water flosser and to address any specific concerns or questions you may have.
Importance Of Oral Hygiene
Maintaining good oral hygiene is important for overall health and well-being. Regular oral care practices, such as brushing and flossing, help prevent dental diseases, gum infections, and bad breath. However, traditional brushing and flossing may not effectively remove all plaque and food particles from hard-to-reach areas. This is where an oral irrigator like the Bitvae Oral Irrigator comes in. It provides a more thorough and effective cleaning by using a stream of water to clean between teeth and along the gumline. The gentle pulsating action of the water helps remove plaque, massage the gums, and promote healthier teeth and gums. With the Bitvae Oral Irrigator, you can improve your oral hygiene routine and achieve cleaner and healthier teeth and gums.
I can recommend the Bitvae C2 Cordless Water Dental Flosser. With its wide mouth reservoir that is easy to clean, large capacity water reservoir, and advanced battery life, this oral irrigator offers convenience and efficiency in maintaining my oral hygiene. It also provides various pressure/intensity settings as well as replaceable nozzles and a tongue scraper nozzle for personalized cleaning. The waterproof and portable design, along with the universal USB cable, make it suitable for use at home or traveling. Customers have provided positive feedback on its performance and durability. At a price of $24.99-26.99 (depending on model), this dental flosser is a cost-effective solution for your oral care needs.
Special thanks to the Matthews Dental Group for their help with this article.