You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is May 29, 2017.
Today on the Show:
- What’s happening in The Wet Shaving World!
- Discussion of the Week: “How To Hone A Straight Razor”
- Training Tip of the Week: “Flipping Wet Shaving Gear…Is it right or wrong?”
- Let’s Talk About 1700’s Shaving
- Vendor of the Week: A surprise!!
- What’s up with the cast!
- What’s Coming Up!
Discussion of the Week: “Flipping Wet Shaving Gear…is it right or wrong?”
- There has been a lot of “flips” or purchasing merchandise for the retail price then reselling for a profit via eBay, BST etc.
- Is it right or wrong?
- Does this lead to counterfeit/fake product being made?
- How does the vendor/artisan feel?
Wet shaving flipping is nothing new. You will always see some sort of flipping whenever something is desirable and allocated or in short supply. Many industries have this problem (look at the Bourbon industry),
All flipping does is raise prices in the long run.
I’ll tell you all about it.
Training Tip of the Week: “How to Hone a Straight Razor”
- Honing is a skill that takes a lot of practice and patience.
- There are many techniques and different types of gear.
- I wrote two guides to help you.
Here is a basic video on how to touch up your straight razor with a barber’s hone.
Special! “The Guide to 1700’s Shaving!!!”
- The 18th century was monumental for the development of straight razors and wet shavers alike.
- Soaps were changing, shaving brushes took to the scene and the invention of cast steel made straight razors sharper and last longer.
- There are still several companies that were operating in the 1700’s that are still in business today.
- Last year I composed a guide to compile all of this information.
- Check it out!!!
In addition I am a fan of 18th Century straight razors. Here is a short video of myself shaving with one.
Here is video of myself using one.
Vendor of the Week: The Vergulde Hand
- The World’s Oldest Wet Shaving Company serving the community for over 460 years
- Established in 1554 and still in business today.
- The make soaps, aftershaves and more.
- Check them out here!
What’s up with the Cast!
- Sponsorship Program
- Review Series
- Interviews with Vendors
As our community grows I have realized it may be time to upgrade. Unfortunately these upgrades (product, technology, time and graphics) cost money.
If you’re interested in advertising/sponsoring or just providing some stuff to be reviewed or given a way please contact me!
What’s In Store for the Podcast?
- What’s happening in the Wet Shaving World!
- Summer Time Shaves! Products and gear!
- Traveling do’s and don’ts
- Contact us email@example.com
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to my You Tube Chanel here for videos regarding some interesting wet shaving content.
Are you interested in sponsoring an episode? Contact Me!!!
If you’re a vendor and would like to be featured on the show please contact me!!
Next Show: 6/12/17