If you haven’t kept up with the world-wide wet shaving community lately, here’s the full list:
- afeitadoclasico: (Spanish forum)
- Against The Grain (UK Forum)
- Badger and Blade (commercial site)
- Barbear Classico: (Portuguese forum)
- Barbershop.no : (Norwegian forum)
- Barbierit de Lux (Romanian forum)
- borotvafórum: (Hungarian forum)
- Brijacnica: (Croatian forum)
- Britev (Slovenian forum)
- Coupe Chou Club: (French forum)
- Damn Fine Shave (US forum)
- foroafeitado (another Spanish language forum)
- Forum Savrseno: (Serbian forum)
- geltir: (Turkish forum)
- gut-rasiert : (German forum, appears to be focused on straight razors)
- Il Rasoio: (Italian shaving forum seems to be focused on straight razors)
- Mens Only: (Greek forum)
- Nassrasur: (German forum)
- Paste And Cut (Australian forum)
- Razor and Stone: Oriented to straight razor shaving
- Rasando: (another Italian forum)
- Shave My Face: One of oldest, most established forums about traditional wet shaving. The members tend to be more deeply into the “fidelity” aspect of shaving, having found what works for them ages ago. The depth of knowledge and experience of many members makes it an awesome resource.
- Sharp Razor Palace (Previously Straight Razor Palace and before that Straight Razor Place): Another of the oldest, most established shaving forums. More oriented towards straight razor shaving, but like Shave My Face the depth and experience of many members make it the go-to spot for information on straight razor shaving.
- Straight Razor Place: Appeared out of a domain dispute.
- The Original Safety 2
- The Shave Den: Another firmly established, active traditional shaving forum.
- The Shave Nook: Another popular wet shaving forum. Very active with “well-connected” users who sometimes “scoop” other forums with new product announcements or original research. Owned by a wet shaving vendor but with a reasonably neutral content philosophy.
- The Shaving Cadre
- The Shaving Group
- The Shaving Room: (UK forum) Features an active community from not only the UK but other parts of the world as well.
- Wetshaving subreddit on Reddit
- “Wicked Edge” subreddit on Reddit
Sharpologist’s Discussions feature has most of the English language forums (other than a couple sites with very low traffic). Should I add the non-English-speaking sites? Am I missing something? Leave a comment!
Shaving number of blogs seem to have withered a bit over the past few years: there used to be more, and a lot more active. Here are the ones that I know of that are currently active (at least one post this year):
- Becoming An Old Man – Mainly about shaving, with occasional forays into fashion and drinking.
- Hot Shave Hustlers
- Jayaruh Shaving – Frequent posts, mostly SOTD but other interesting articles too.
- Leisureguy – If Michael didn’t invent the SOTD post it’s arguable that he perfected it. He’s been doing it for years, and he mixes them with his own research into what makes a great shave.
- Save Your Shave
- Shave & Review: UK product review blog
- Shave Like Grandad
- Shave Straight and Safe – By Joe Borrelli, who also contributes to Sharpologist!
- Stag England – Part of a commercial site.
- Steve Davidson
- Tailor & Barber – A good blog related to a commercial shaving/clothing shopping site.
- The Daily Lather: mostly SOTD’s
- The Georgetoon Blog
- The Grooming Lounge Blog – Part of a commercial site.
- The Wet Shaver Review
- Wegian Warrior’s Wet Shaving Blog
- Wet The Face – Part of a commercial site. Lots of reviews and some giveaways.
Other Things I Read
My own personal feed reader has a few extra sites:
- Prim And Prep
- The Men’s Room
- Dollar Shave Club Blog
- Primer Magazine
- The Distilled Man
- The Art Of Manliness
- The Grooming Guru
- Tools Of Men
- Gentleman’s Gazette
- Marc & Angel Hack Life (not grooming but if you’re going through a rough patch in your life they offer some solid advice)
- Real Men Real Style
Over To You
What do you think about these lists? Have I missed something important? Leave a comment with your thoughts.