This week, Joe gives a short update on things going on in the community in our Dateline! show. Due to a last minute problem the full-length show was not an option, so I hope you enjoy Joes short show! My apologies for not getting a longer show to you this week, but we will have more great content next Wednesday!
CLICK HERE for the Wet Shaving News Podcast
Show Notes Summary
Company: Trader Joes
Trader Joe’s is now selling a shave kit in their markets
Recently there have been rumors that the classic shave soap/stick “Arko” has been discontinued.
- For those of you who were fortunate enough to take advantage of Maggard’s Cyber Monday sale you know who you are.
- Maggard’s had some great deals on their safety razors, starter kits, soaps ect.
- I took advantage of a safety razor kit and a few other items.
- Maggard Razors were established in 2012 by long time wet shaving enthusiast Brad and his wife Cassie Maggard.
Company: The Shaving Shop
- The Shaving Shop Online is now open.
- The site features house brand soaps, aftershaves and handmade shaving strops.
- Owned and operated by wet shaving enthusiast Peter Charkalis
- We would like to wish Peter the best of luck and look forward to seeing his business grow.
Company: Wet shaving RoundTable
- The Wet shaving Round Table has announced they will be changing production sites starting December 12, 2015 at 7:00pm EST.
- The have decided to move to “Blab.im” from youtube for a better listening experience.
- For those of you who don’t know, The Wet Shaving Round Table is a weekly live stream show, hosted by several notables in the wet shaving community and features a weekly guest host who is well known in the community.
- Check them out on Facebook.
Company: SCW Cutlery
A recent article in the South China post visits SCW a cutlery store that has been selling traditional wet shaving supplies and hardware for the past 66 years.
- Located in Hong Kong SCW carries a wide array of straight razors, strops, and brushes made from all different types of materials,
- Custom razors and professional sharpening service.
- Article describes how they provide a service that is otherwise not available in Hong Kong.
- The article also includes a short how-to-guide on how to shave with a straight razor.
Company: Pinaud Clubman
- Joe purchased the soap and tried it for almost two weeks straight,
- His thoughts. Great Soap and all around excellent value.
- Really enjoyed the soap and scent.
Source: Joe B’s Stropping Video
- Recently Joe made a short video on a stropping trick to help newbies learn the fundamentals of stropping.
- One of the main reasons razors lose their keenness prematurely is improper stropping .
- In the video Joe takes a hanging strop and places it on a flat surface thus eliminated flexing that may “roll the edge”.
- This method also greatly reduces the chance to damage the strop.
- Check out the video, link in show notes.