Yes, my newest video is out! And from a production standpoint I think its one of my best yet (certainly the most complicated to make)! Its on help lathering Mitchell’s Wool Fat (“MWF”) shaving soap. An expensive (but many think worth every penny) soap that can give an incredible shave, but some people have trouble lathering it, especially if they have hard water. So here is a summary of the video, seven tips on getting a better lather out of MWF:
- Use warm water instead of hot water;
- If you have a choice of shaving brushes, go for a stiffer brush over a softer brush;
- Soak the soap and the brush in the warm water for at least two minutes;
- Shake more water than usual out of the brush before you begin loading soap;
- Load the brush “upside down;”
- Load the brush heavily
- Build lather directly to the face.
Thanks to the various shaving forums and blogs I trawled to help me get these tips, and to Grooming-Health.com (in the UK) for their assistance with the video!