You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is August 29th,2022
Today on the Show
Celebrate Straight Razor Month
Part Three : Hones and Honing
How to Care for Your Straight Razor
What to Do if you Invest and It’s not For You
Hones & Honing
- It’s time to Hone
- There are so many different tools to hone a razor. I’ll go over the basics to get you started.
- I would recommend going full synthetic hones before going to a natural for consistency.
- Norton 1k, 4k/8k and 12,000 grit Chinese finisher is the most cost effective way to start.
- Use more water than you think you should.
- Never use a knife sharpener!
- Practice Practice
How to Care For Your Straight Razor
- Always store dry with a light coat of mineral oil.
- Use a silicone sleeve if possible.
- Keep it out of the bathroom if possible
- Strop before storing.
- Check periodically.
What If It’s Not For You?
There are many ways to offload your straight stuff if it’s not for you.
I’ll tell you how.
Time for another contest.
This time I will be giving away a pro-honed straight razor from my own collection.
Listen for a chance to win!!
Last chance to win!! Winner will be announced on the next show.
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for videos regarding some interesting wet shaving content.
Our next show will be 9/12/22
Shave straight and Shave Safe!