You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is August 19,2022
Today on the Show
Celebrate Straight Razor Month
Part Two : Stropping
- It’s time to strop!
- There is a certain technique that will help you maintain your blade long term.
- Check out this video Straight Razor Stropping Trick
- Several Types of strops, Bench Strop, Hanging strop, and loom strop being the most popular
- DO NOT BUT A CHEAP STROP!!!!! (Choose a well made strop from the USA, Germany, France or Italy.
- Don’t stress about the width. 2-2.5 inches is fine.
- Practice Practice
Here are two awesome videos regarding how to shave with a straight razor, by two well experienced shavers.
Hint: Beware of Newbies making videos. It takes years to master a straight razor shave. There are alot of youtubers out there that mean well, but are not experienced enough to teach.
If you can, try to pick up the Lynn Abrams DVD.
Personally shavettes are not for me, but there is a strong following for them. They offer convenience and cost savings, but can be less forgiving.
I’ll tell you my thoughts.
Time for another contest.
This time I will be giving away a pro-honed straight razor from my own collection.
Listen for a chance to win!!
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for videos regarding some interesting wet shaving content.
Our next show will be 8/29/22
Shave straight and Shave Safe!