You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is May 15, 2017.
Today on the Show:
- What’s happening in The Wet Shaving World!
- Discussion of the Week: “Choosing the Right Straight Razor”
- Training Tip of the Week: “How To Properly Strop a Straight Razor”
- Training Tip of the Week: “How To Make a Cheap Strop”
- Vendor of the Week: Razor Emporium
- What’s up with the cast!
- What’s Coming Up!
What’s happening in The Wet Shaving World?
- Maggard’s 2017 Meet-Up 5/13/17
- Maggard’s hosted a huge meet up at their brick and mortar store front.
- Over 16 vendors and 200 people attended!
- Lots of new products and a great time!
- Looking forward to the full report!!
Discussion of the Week: “Choosing the Right Straight Razor”
- All straight razors are not created equal.
- There are different sizes, grinds and types.
- How do you know which one is right for you?
Last year I created a straight razor guide that was published on Sharpologist. This guide goes over all the different types of straight razors and was created to help with the decision process. Check it out here!
Training Tip of the Week: “How to Strop a Straight Razor”
- Stropping requires some practice and patience.
- Improper stropping can lead to a dull edge.
- Here is a video of how I do it J
Training Tip of the Week: “How to Make a Cheap Strop”
- Newspaper provides an excellent stropping surface at a great price.
- Perfect to learn technique on. You don’t have to work about nicking it!
- The ink in the paper provides just enough abrasion to properly strop the blade.
- I made a short video and a budget strop that works. Check it out!
Vendor of the Week: Razor Emporium
- Matt and his team have been providing valuable services for 8 years
- Specializing in repair and restoration of vintage safety and straight razors.
- Based out of Phoenix Arizona
- Their new “REX” line is coming soon.
- Just announced their new adjustable safety razor!
- Great you tube videos!!
What’s up with the Cast!
- Sponsorship Program
- Review Series
- Interviews with Vendors
As our community grows I have realized it may be time to upgrade. Unfortunately these upgrades (product, technology, time and graphics) cost money.
If you’re interested in advertising/sponsoring or just providing some stuff to be reviewed or given a way please contact me!
What’s In Store for the Podcast?
- What’s happening in the Wet Shaving World!
- How to Hone a Straight Razor!
- Choosing the Right Strop for You!
- May is Straight Razor Month!
- Contact us email@example.com
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to my You Tube Chanel here for videos regarding some interesting wet shaving content.
Are you interested in sponsoring an episode? Contact Me!!!
If you’re a vendor and would like to be featured on the show please contact me!!
Next Show: 5/29/17