It’s that time again! This week, Joe brings us the latest news from around the community. We’re looking at a cool new soap addition to the marketplace, as well as a cool new razor, and where you can meet up with the Sharpologist himself! Check it out!
Company: The Gilded Hand
- The name “The Vergulde Hand” comes from the soap factory founded in Amsterdam in 1554.
- The company was founded by Frederick de Vrij, but changed over the centuries several masters
- While there isn’t much press on this line of products, it’s amazing how a wet shaving company has survived all the of the struggles and complications the business world can produce and still be in business since the 1500s.
- We look forward to a formal review in the near future.
- Full write-up here: http://shavestraightandsafe.com/2016/04/04/the-worlds-oldest-wet-shaving-company/
Company: Fine Accoutrements
- The long awaited release of Fine Accoutrements Classic Shaving Soap is finally here.
- The new soap consists of a new scent that the wet shaving community can’t wait to get their hands on.
- According to the site, the new soap shares similar qualities as the famous “Tabac” shaving soap and is made in the Netherlands.
- In addition, Fine Accoutrements are taking pre-orders for their new “Superlte Slant Razor” which is being released April 16th.
- We look forward to hearing all about these new items once they hit consumers hands.
Company: Rockwell Razors
- If you haven’t heard yet the Rockwell Razor Company has announced their new kickstarter campaign for the Model T , an adjustable safety razor that is gaining worldwide wet shaving attention.
- The Model T features a twist to open design with an adjustable dial much like the classic Gillette razors of the past.
- If you recall WSN own Andrew interviewed the team at Rockwell in a special edition of WSN last month.
- Check them out!
Website Article : The Sharpologist California Tour
- The Sharpologist team will be attending the two major wet shaving events this month.
- Look for Mark aka “Mantic 59” at both the first annual Shave COn and The Big Shave West.
- He’ll be there to answer all your wet shaving questions and to have some fun as well.
What’s the Deal WIth Facebook?
- Recently we’ve noticed some atomicity in facebook posts regarding certain feuds in the wet shaving world.
- These “feuds” were thought to be harmless but now it seems to be getting serious.
- While we love wet shaving and we know you do to we hope these conflicts are resolved peacefully by the affected parties.
- Let’s reunite and remember we represent one of the greatest communities out there!!