Aside: Don Draper Gets A Shaving Brush!

For those of you who watch AMC’s “Mad Men” but didn’t see the season premier this week, Don Draper gets a badger shaving brush for his 40th birthday from his children!  Now he just needs to learn how to lather properly.

Print Friendly

Subscribe to Sharpologist's email list and get Mantic59's newly-updated 51 page ebook on how to enjoy your shave!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

1. Brian says

I’m about to turn 40 this year, and I love the old-timey nature of MadMen. I found the show relatively late, during the long hiatus between seasons 4 and 5. While I have not stated smoking (and won’t) I have certainly developed an affinity to “older style” items, like wet shaving.

• mantic59 says

Yes me too. my wife bought me DVD’s of the previous seasons and have been slowly catching up with the characters and plots. Great fun and I’m trying to figure out how I can do a “Mad Men” style shaving video!

• Kurt says

Sober, or bloody. I’d love to see Roger give it a shot – cigmin mouth, and anything on the rocks sitting on the edgev of the bathroom counter

2. Kurt says

So glad you posted this. I was hoping you could ID the brush? TheMM producers are very precise in getting their props right.

3. Chuck says

When he started brushing the lather onto his face I said to my wife “he’s doing it all wrong!”. She just stared at me with a blank look on her face. Wives….they’ll never understand our passion, eh comrades?…eh?

• Jason says

That’s at least the 2nd time we’ve seen Don shave. His lather was like that the last time. I don’t know how a nice rich lather plays on tv…unless they’re going for laughs.