Cremo, the company behind Cremo Cream shave cream, is having a road trip across the southern US to not only show the company’s new personal care products, but also to promote a conversation about men’s mental health.
I have had some contact with Cremo in the past (and they’ve been on Sharpologist’s “best shaving creams” list for ages) so when the road trip stopped in Houston last week they invited me to visit.
They converted a vintage 1948 Spartan Manor travel trailer into a rolling barbershop and they’re also giving away Cremo products, too.
I spoke with Edward and Faith, the two friends that are sharing this adventure together, and I also got a haircut from a local barber (unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a shave!).
I had a terrific time at the event, and Cremo even gifted me a really nice cowboy hat (I have been living in Texas since the early 1980’s but I never owned a cowboy hat)!
The road trip’s itinerary includes:
- 9/07 – Memphis, TN: Gibson Guitar Factory
- 9/10 – Nashville, TN: Scout’s Barbershop
- 9/11 – Knoxville, TN
- 9/13 – Charlotte, NC: Zac Brown Band Concert
- 9/16 – Washington, D.C.
- 9/18 – Philadelphia, PA
- 9/19 – Staten Island, NY: True Gents Barbershop
- 9/21 – New York, NY: Aylen Farrell Salon with Steve Darius
- 9/24 – Branford, CT: Arturo & Sons Barbershop
- 9/26 – Boston, MA: Bostonian Barbershop
- 9/27 – Saugus, MA: George’s Barbershop (Oldest Barbershop in the USA)
Be sure to check the Cremo Road Trip web page for updates and if they are near you, take a look!