Experts say that men are 26 percent less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year and 35% more likely to pass away from cancer than women.
Listening and paying attention to your body for symptoms is just as important as going to the doctor for normal checkups. Dr. Muhammad Mirza, a certified general practitioner, men’s health expert and founder of ErectileDoctor.com, states that these symptoms are what potentially bring the patient to the doctor’s office or at least motivates the patient to do research on their own to ultimately discover that they indeed have a health issue that needs addressing. Here is a list of 7 Cancer Symptoms That Men Ignore that can potential save their lives:
7 Cancer Symptoms That Men Ignore
- Frequent and painful urination– Painful and frequent urination and/or incomplete emptying of the bladder are symptoms that could indicate prostate cancer.
- Testicle size– Any notable change in testicle size, either bigger or smaller could be a symptom of testicular cancer.
- Changes in skin pigmentation– Discoloring of the skin and/or noticeable spots on the skin could be symptoms of skin cancer.
- Abdominal pain paired with depression– These symptoms together have been found in men who were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
- Persistent cough or a cough that brings up blood– Aggressive and consistent coughing that bring up blood are symptoms of lung cancer, although lung cancer often doesn’t produce symptoms until its later stages.
- Blood in the stool, nausea, indigestion, and abdominal pain– Any of these could be symptoms of colon and/or stomach cancer.
- Blood in the urine– This could be a symptom of bladder cancer.