You’re listening to Wet Shaving Talk powered by Sharpologist.com where we’re dedicated to preserving the art and skill of classic shaving. I’m your host Joe Borrelli and today is February 27th, 2017.
Today on the Show:
- What’s happening in The Wet Shaving World!
- Emails from Listeners!
- Discussion of the Week: “Organizing a Wet Shaving Meet Up”
- Training Tip of the Week: Skin Stretching. Why and How to do it!
- Training Tip of the Week: Choosing the Right Double Edge Blade
- Vendor of the Week: Straight Razor Designs
- What’s Coming Up!
What’s happening in The Wet Shaving World?
- That’s Smooth! Natural Shaving Products
- This past week Miguel of “That’s Smooth” contacted me regarding his products
- Recently selected to supply Whole Foods in NYC
- Products are all natural and contain Dead Sea Mud and Safflower Oleosomes.
In the last 2 weeks I received several emails. I want to share them with you here!
- Josh sent me an email regarding a bent guard on an adjustable Gillette safety razor.
- We discussed how to bend the guard back into place.
- Good Luck Josh and let me know how the razor works!
- Cristian contacted me regarding converting to a double edge razor for head shaving.
- We discussed trying out the Feather Popular and some basic techniques to get started.
- He had a decent first shave and we wish him the best of luck and to keep us updated!
Discussion of the Week: Organizing a Wet Shaving Meet Up
- Are you interested in making new friends?
- Organizing a Wet shaving Meet Up is easier than you thought!
- No meet up is too small!
- There are resources out here to help you
- This article explains the basics
- Check out http://www.shavemeetup.com/ to list your meet up!
Training Tip of the Week: Skin Stretching Why and How To Do It!
- Skin stretching is just that. Stretching your skin so the blade can cut the hairs evenly.
- This process is often over looked with safety razor shaving and is very important when straight razor shaving.
- Simply take two fingers of your non-shaving hand and pull the skin in the up toward the top of your face.
- Over stretching can have the same effect as undertreating
- There are some tools to help you.
- Check out a video I did some time ago with a skin stretching sleeve available
Training Tip of the Week: Choosing the Right Double edge Blade
- This can be a very difficult process.
- There are literally dozens and dozens of blades available today.
- Ask three people and you’ll get three different opinions.
- Experimenting is the key.
- When trying new blades make sure to take your time to learn them.
- I recommend sticking with a blade for at least 2 weeks before making assumptions.
- There is a site that is dedicated to mixing and matching blades
- Check out http://www.tryablade.com/
Vendor of the Week: Straight Razor Designs
- Run by both wet shaving legends Lynn Abrams and Don Addleman
- Celebrating their 10th year!
- A full array of quality shaving products including hardware and software.
- Provide straight razor honing services from some of the most experienced wet shavers in the world.
- Lynn is also the guy who started the wet shaving forums with a small Yahoo group which has grown to Straight Razor Place one of the largest forums.
- Check them out and tell Joe sent Ya!!
What’s In Store for the Podcast?
- What’s happening in the Wet Shaving World!
- Let’s talk single edge safety razors!
- How to clean and maintain safety razors!
- Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Our show is powered by Sharpologist.com, “What Your Father Didn’t Teach You about Shaving”
Special Thanks to:
Mark aka Mantic 59
Most of All……….YOU!!!!
Don’t forget to check out my blog site www.shavestraightandsafe.com for the tips and interesting wet shaving stories!
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Subscribe to my You Tube Chanel here for videos regarding some tips.
If you’re a vendor and would like to be featured on the show please contact me!!
Join us on the “Wet Shavers Round Table” every Saturday from 6:00pm-7:00pm EST.
Next Show: 3/13/17