It’s official! The Great Shave 2012 will be in Chicago on October 24, 2012 at the Dank Haus German-American Cultural Center. HERE is the official announcement page but I’ve taken the liberty to list the essentials below:
What to Expect
- shave experts demonstrating technique and answering questions about double edge razors, straight razors and brushes
- representatives from the world’s best shaving brands
- shave tools and accessories available form the merz / smallflower pop up shop
- great conversation with shave aficionados from across the globe
- local beer, local spirits, and more
- delicious food and desserts from local restaurants and chefs
- professional barbers performing live straight razor shaves
- live music and a fun social atmosphere
- goodie bags and door prizes
- free parking and inexpensive street parking
- walk to the western ave brown line
- after party!
- Mark Herro (aka Mantic59) – YouTube’s most popular wet shave educator
- Lynn Abrams – founder of The Straight Razor Place forum and co-owner of Straight Razor Designs
- Geo (geofatboy) – popular Youtube shave educator and owner of Shave Nation
- Muhle (Christian Mueller, Managing Director, will be joining us from Germany!)
- Edwin Jagger
- Truefitt & Hill
- Jack Black
- Captain’s Choice
- Chicago Comb
- More brands will be added to the list above!
- And here are just a few of the brands that will be at our shop and/or in our goodie bags: Simpson,Trumper, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Penhaligon’s, Merkur, Dovo, I Coloniali, Ursa Major, Dreadnought, Kell’s Original, Musgo Real, Royall Fragrances, Sara Bonnyman, Speick, Baxter of California, Molton Brown, Proraso, Diptyque and many more!
This is your chance to meet and mingle with other like-minded wet shave enthusiasts. Whether you’re a wet shave beginner or expert, this is the event for you. You will have the chance to ask questions of experts and brand ambassadors, plus you can explore one of the country’s largest selections of shave equipment in every price range.
This year, the Great Shave will take place at the Dank Haus, the beautiful German-American cultural center just a block away from our historic Lincoln Square Store. The event will run from approximately from 6-9:30 PM and we will be providing a great selection of local food and beverages from our favorite neighborhood chefs, brewers, reatailers and restaurants. We are anticipating a fun and exciting evening and hope you will be a part of it!
Merz Apothecary – Intensive Seminars
We are working on having afternoon limited-participation seminars with our shave experts and vendors at an additional cost. Those who have already purchased tickets will have the first access to this exclusive opportunity. We couldn’t be more excited about this in-depth educational experience.
Please email any questions to: email@example.com